Effective Business Development teams apply analytical rigour, speed of mind and powerful execution that bridges the gap between strategy and business performance. They combine strong engagement skills, unique industry insights and marketing knowledge to turn prospects into profitable customers. However, the focus should always be on the creation of long-term value for an organization from customers, markets, and relationships.
This programme is designed to provide practical, tailored, talent-driven business development skills required to expand the individual's knowledge about business development and marketing and to provide valuable skills that equip the individuals for improved performance.
Participants will be equipped with step-by-step guide to effective prospecting, negotiation, overcoming presentation fears, leveraging cross-selling opportunities and closing based on need understanding from the customer's perspective; and generating solutions that benefit both the customer and the organisation.
- Business Development Managers
- Account Relationship Executives
- Marketing Managers
- Branch Managers
Learning OutcomesAt the end of the programme, participants would be able to;
- Prospect for potential clients and turn this into increased new business.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging networks.
- Adhere to all quality standards and processes for the acquisition of customers
- Understand the buying experience: buying motives, attitude, frame of mind, features and benefits
- Communicate assertively – use of voice projection, articulation, pacing, and fluency to improve delivery
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Apply effective closing techniques and improve the strike rates
- Manage accounts and meet targets relating to revenue growth, customer acquisition and retention
- Maximise referrals and cross selling opportunities
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions and differentiators.
What it will cover
- Business Development principles and best practice
- The breath and scope of business development
- Interplay between corporate and business strategy
- The right mind-set in business development
- Business development approaches that work
- Taking the leading role in business development activities
- Developing detailed plans for business development
- understand competition within the market place
- Prospecting for new business
- Creating effective prospecting programme
- Leveraging business knowledge and relationships
- Keeping tabs on prospects
- Moving prospects into the pipeline
- Prospecting : Myths and facts
- Successful presentation skills
- Getting meetings and maximising your effectiveness
- Knowledge of client – gather client information
- Know your product- features and benefits
- Preparation for presentation
- Effective communication skills – use of voice projection, articulation and fluency
- Questioning and listening techniques – identifying opportunities in every client contact
- Offer unique ideas and insights that prospects have not considered before
- The U-Appeal
- Effective Negotiation Skills
- Creating value and competitive advantage in the mind of the customer
- The negotiation approaches – manoeuvring for dominance and control
- Focusing on the client's needs and organisation's value proposition
- Determining ground for client objections
- Handling objections – emphasizing agreements and working through differences
- Understanding the buying signals
- Closing the sale
- Planning your closing in detail
- Recognising and taking advantage of the buying signals
- Different approaches to closing effectively – not aggressively
- Resolve customer concerns – addressing all objections
- Creating the sense of urgency
- Tie your solution to an opportunity for the customer
- Making business development sustainable
- Consistently acting on opportunities
- Growing networks and staying memorable
- Prioritising the high value contact
- Maximising referrals from existing contacts
- Protect and develop client relationships